Today, I'm starting a new series called "7 Minutes of Wonder" - these are just some articles that caught my eye this month because they provide me with an "aha" moment. I plan to post a couple of these per month, so stay tuned.
- Why you should miss your kids sporting events - a brilliant video by Daniel Pink one of the best management thinkers in the world. If you like what you see, you can also meet Daniel in Bucharest on Oct 14th. In short, he explains that it's best for the child's development to let him or her go through some challenges alone.
- What you miss when you choose to type instead of write, courtesy of Harvard Business Review. And you miss a lot - such as the chance of remembering things and processing information beyond simple intake.
- The unimaginable power of big data applied to everything from polio to fashion. Read it in Fast Company
- Some serious food photography - a new project from Chef Neacsu. Check it out on doipatruzero.ro
- Why we love expensive things. Basically, because we are afraid but at the same time compliant. Curious? Read it here.
- Liberal arts and tech - a thing I've always hope for: the tech world wakes up to the fact that marketers, designers, actors and artists are really indispensable to building great software. Read it in Forbes.
- The future of content is video - if you work in marketing, some really useful stuff about video.